Subject: passage en 2.23 : problème avec une fonction scheme

From: Vincent Gay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 18:33:16 +0200

J'ai commencer à préparer ma migration 2.23 : première tentative et 
premier problème !

Dans mes partitions j'utilise poly-mark-engraver (voir cette page lsr) 
<https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=976>qui est une alternative à 
\mark. Évidemment convert-ly ne s'occupe que du code lily, pas du code 
scheme et ce que je redoutais arriva :

> Démarrage lilypond 2.23.10 [Sans titre (2)]...
>
> Traitement de « /tmp/frescobaldi-3n9fxasv/tmpr2ej26i5/document.ly »
>
> Analyse...
>
> erreur fatale : impossible de trouver l'objet de type musique : MarkEvent
>
> Arrêté avec le code de retour 1.
>

hum... Ci-dessous un code fonction incluse, si jamais quelqu'un sait 
comment traiter ça

P.S.  C'est tellement facile à utiliser poly-mark-engraver que je 
n'imagine pas m'en passer (et ne comprend pas pourquoi on ne peut pas 
utiliser \mark de la même manière).

P.S. (bis) j'ai fini par trouver l'adresse de l'auteur de la fonction, 
peut-être me répondra-t-il ?
> Hello Arnold
>
> I'm an unconditional user of your poly-mark-engraver, thanks for this 
> work. However, I'm considering upgrading to Lilypond 2.23 and I'm 
> getting the following error message (despite the use of convert-ly):
>
>> fatal error: cannot find music object: MarkEvent
>>
>
> Would you be so kind as to tell me how to fix this?
>
> Thanks in advance

\version "2.23.10"
%{
   build an alternate \mark command and Mark_engraver
   additional options to the new variant of \mark:
     \polyMark symb text
     \polyMark #'(symb opt ...) text
       text: as is in \mark, the text or \default
       symb: optional a 'key symbol'
       opt: optional pairs for options, generally GROB overrides
     - parser does not allow \mark \default #'A ..., because
       \default = #'() = argument list ends parsing, and an optional
       argument before the label does not work well and easy, too.
   Enhanced Mark_engraver functionality:
     only accept the first Rehearsal Mark
       per key symbol
       within one main time period
     anchor new Rehearsal Mark GROBs at the first GraceTime seen in the
      (hopefully Score) context, even if the event occurs later in the same
      main time period.
      This functionality may be turned off by setting the new context 
property
      propagateIntoPast = ##f
   Special 'key symbols' have special GROB overrides build in, e.g.:
     #'RightUp = right aligned text, begin-of-line-invisible, direction 
= #UP
     #'CenterDown = center aligned text, direction = #DOWN
   Benefit:
     + allows multiple Rehearsal Marks at one Moment, even with different
       settings (grob properties)
     + but filters out the duplicates (from different parts / staves),
       identified by the key
     + eliminates the 'grace echo'
     + places Rehersal Marks at the bar line, even if they are defined 
'late',
       i.e. in a control voice without grace skips.
   Caveats:
     - If one mark command sets the current mark number while another 
polyMark
       command displays the current mark number, the sequence they are 
evaluated
       defines the result.
     - No input data checks, e.g. no warning, if different values to set are
       defined.
     - creates an extra RehearsalMark to obtain a BreakAlignment, even 
if the
       BreakAlignment is (finally) never used.
     - Expect problems with the grace synchronisation when put into Staff
       context. Perhaps the BreakAlignment grob should be caught with an 
extra
       engraver in Score context, while this polymark engraver will then 
work
       in Staff context.

   A more reliable method to create 'early grobs' would be welcome, 
maybe called
   ly:engraver-make-early-grob and ly:engraver-announce-early-end-grob.

GLOSSARY:
main time period = all translation timesteps with the same main time, 
i.e. all
                    timesteps of grace notes offset until the final timestep
                    without grace note offset, incl.
early grob       = a grob created by an engraver at a timestep later 
than the
                    first grace note timestep (of the same main time) in 
the score,
                    but the grob has to be adjusted to the column of tis 
first
                    grace note timestep.

%}

#(define (translator-property-description symbol type? description)
   (if (not (and
             (symbol? symbol)
             (procedure? type?)
             (string? description)))
       (throw 'init-format-error))

   (if (not (equal? #f (object-property symbol 'translation-doc)))
       (ly:error (_ "symbol ~S redefined" symbol)))

   (set-object-property! symbol 'translation-type? type?)
   (set-object-property! symbol 'translation-doc description)
   (set! all-translation-properties (cons symbol 
all-translation-properties))
   symbol)

#(define custom-translation-properties
`(
   (propagateIntoPast
    ,boolean?
    "Engravers may anchor the GROBs they create at a PaperColumn of
an already gone timestep, usually the first grace note timestep of
the same main moment.")

   (inhibitDummyRehearsalMark
    ,boolean?
    "If true, do not create a zero size RehearsalMark in advance, just to
obtain a BreakAlignment which may be needed later in the process.
If you only need to purge 'grace echos' of RehearsalMarks but do not need
to 'shift' any RehearsalMark before the grace notes, you may want to set
this option to reduce memory consumption.")
; I could not detect a significant memory saving!

   (RehearsalMarkVisibleAtEndOfContext
    ,boolean?
    "If true, then set the visibility of those RehearsalMarks, which are
placed at the end of the context, to end-of-line-visible.")

   (RehearsalMarkPriorityRenumbering
    ,boolean?
   "If true, then renumber the priority of the RehearsalMarks created
at one timestep.")

   (polyMarkOptions
    ,list?
   "Default options for user defined keys of RehearsalMarks")
   ))

#(for-each
   (lambda (x) (apply translator-property-description x))
   custom-translation-properties)

#(define (poly-mark-engraver ctx)
    (define default-option-lists
     `((RightUp       (direction        . ,UP)
                      (self-alignment-X . 1)
                      (break-visibility . ,begin-of-line-invisible))
       (RightDown     (direction        . ,DOWN)
                      (self-alignment-X . 1)
                      (break-visibility . ,begin-of-line-invisible))
       (Right         (self-alignment-X . 1)
                      (break-visibility . ,begin-of-line-invisible))
       (RightEnd      (direction        . ,UP)
                      (self-alignment-X . 1)
                      (break-visibility . ,begin-of-line-invisible))
       (RightEndDown  (direction        . ,DOWN)
                      (self-alignment-X . 1)
                      (break-visibility . ,begin-of-line-invisible))
       (CenterEndDown (direction        . ,DOWN)
                      (self-alignment-X . 0)
                      (break-visibility . ,begin-of-line-invisible))
       (CenterEnd     (self-alignment-X . 0)
                      (break-visibility . ,begin-of-line-invisible))
       (LeftUp        (direction        . ,UP)
                      (self-alignment-X . -1)
                      (break-visibility . ,end-of-line-invisible))
       (LeftDown      (direction        . ,DOWN)
                      (self-alignment-X . -1)
                      (break-visibility . ,end-of-line-invisible))
       (Left          (self-alignment-X . -1)
                      (break-visibility . ,end-of-line-invisible))
       (CenterUp      (direction        . ,UP)
                      (self-alignment-X . 0))
       (CenterDown    (direction        . ,DOWN)
                      (self-alignment-X . 0))
       (Center        (self-alignment-X . 0))
       (CenterEndBoth (direction        . both)
                      (self-alignment-X . 0)
                      (break-visibility . ,begin-of-line-invisible))
       (CenterEndBothRotated
                      (direction        . both-rotated)
                      (self-alignment-X . 0)
                      (break-visibility . ,begin-of-line-invisible))
       (CenterEndBothMirrored
                      (direction        . both-mirrored)
                      (self-alignment-X . 0)
                      (break-visibility . ,begin-of-line-invisible))))

    (let ((texts '())             ;; the created Rehearsal Mark GROBs,
                                  ;; collected during a time step
          (late-texts '())        ;; the Rehearsal Mark GROBs created 
later than at the
                                  ;; first timestep of this main time 
period - we need to
                                  ;; modify their X anchor
          (final-texts '())       ;; the created GROBs after they're 
completed at
                                  ;; 'stop-translation-timestep', used 
to make them visible
                                  ;; at the end of line, if the context 
terminates there.
          (helper-text '())       ;; a null-markup Rehearsal Mark GROB. 
Only created to obtain
                                  ;; the related BreakAlignment GROB.
          (events '())            ;; list of MarkEvents, collected 
during a time step
          (last-main-mom '())     ;; the value of the last main time 
moment seen
          (late #f)               ;; true if this time step is NOT the 
first one of the
                                  ;; current main time period
          (keys '())              ;; list of 'entry keys' of them a grob 
is already created
                                  ;; during the current main time period
          (first-grace-now #f)    ;; is this the first grace time step 
in the current main
                                  ;; time period?
          (b-a-g '())             ;; the 'early' breakAlignment GROB, in 
case we need it
                                  ;; to modify the RehearsalMarks X anchor
          (priority-index 0)      ;; used to renumber the outside staff 
priority
          (label-incremented #f)) ;; is the ctx prop 'rehearsalMark 
allready incremented
                                  ;; during the current main time period?

      `((start-translation-timestep
         . ,(lambda (trans)
              (let* ((current-mom (ly:context-current-moment ctx))
                     (main-mom (ly:moment-main current-mom))
                     (grace-mom (ly:moment-grace current-mom)))
               (if (or (null? last-main-mom) (> main-mom last-main-mom))
                 (begin
                   (set! last-main-mom main-mom)
                   (set! keys '())
                   (set! priority-index 0)
                   (set! label-incremented #f)
                   (set! late #f)
                   (set! first-grace-now (not (or late (= 0 grace-mom)))))
                 (begin
                   (set! late #t)
                   (set! first-grace-now #f))))
               (set! final-texts '())))

        (listeners
         (mark-event
          . ,(lambda (trans ev)
               (set! events (cons ev events)))))

        (acknowledgers
         (break-alignment-interface
          . ,(lambda (trans grob source)
               (if first-grace-now (set! b-a-g grob))
               (for-each (lambda (mark)
                   (set! (ly:grob-parent mark X) grob))
                 texts))))

        (process-music
         . ,(lambda (trans)
              (for-each
                (lambda (ev)
                  (let* ((key (ly:event-property ev 'key #t))
                         (opts (ly:event-property ev 'additional-options 
'())))
                    (if (not (memq key keys))
                      (let* ((mark-grob
                               (ly:engraver-make-grob trans 
'RehearsalMark ev))
                             (label (ly:event-property ev 'label))
                             (formatter (ly:context-property ctx 
'rehearsalMarkFormatter)))

                        (set! keys (cons key keys))

                        (if (and (procedure? formatter)
                                 (not (markup? label)))
                          (begin
                            (if (not (number? label))
                              (if label-incremented
                                (set! label
                                  (1- (ly:context-property ctx 
'rehearsalMark)))
                                (set! label
                                  (ly:context-property ctx 
'rehearsalMark))))

                            (if (and (integer? label)
                                     (exact? label)
                                     (not label-incremented))
                              (begin
                                (set! (ly:context-property ctx 
'rehearsalMark)
                                      (1+ label))
                                (set! label-incremented #t)))

                            (if (number? label)
                              (set! label (apply formatter (list label 
ctx)))
                              (ly:warning "rehearsalMark must have 
integer value"))))

                        (if (markup? label)
                          (begin
                            (set! (ly:grob-property mark-grob 'text) label)
                            (let ((dir (ly:event-property ev 'direction)))
                              (and (ly:dir? dir)
                                 (set! (ly:grob-property mark-grob 
'direction)
                                     dir))))
                                (ly:warning "mark label must be a markup 
object"))

                        (let ((both-dirs #f)
                              (predef-opts (or
                                (ly:assoc-get key (ly:context-property 
ctx 'polyMarkOptions) #f)
                                (ly:assoc-get key default-option-lists 
#f))))
                         (if (pair? predef-opts) (for-each (lambda (opt)
                            (let ((opt-name (car opt))
                                  (opt-val (cdr opt)))
                             (if (and (eq? opt-name 'direction)
                                      (or (eq? opt-val 'both)
                                          (eq? opt-val 'both-rotated)
                                          (eq? opt-val 'both-mirrored))) 
(begin
                               (ly:grob-set-property! mark-grob opt-name UP)
                               (set! both-dirs opt-val))
                              (ly:grob-set-property! mark-grob opt-name 
opt-val))))
                           predef-opts))
                         (if both-dirs
                          (let ((opposite-mark-grob
                                 (ly:engraver-make-grob trans 
'RehearsalMark ev)))
                           (ly:grob-set-property! opposite-mark-grob 
'direction DOWN)
                           (let ((orig-text (ly:grob-property mark-grob 
'text)))
                            ;; (if (markup? orig-text)
                            ;;  (set! orig-text (copy-tree orig-text)))
                            (if (eq? both-dirs 'both-rotated)
                             (set! orig-text (make-rotate-markup 180 
orig-text)))
                            (if (eq? both-dirs 'both-mirrored)
                             (set! orig-text (make-scale-markup '(1 . 
-1) orig-text)))
                            (ly:grob-set-property! opposite-mark-grob 
'text orig-text))
                           (set! texts (cons opposite-mark-grob texts))
                           (if (pair? predef-opts) (for-each (lambda (opt)
                              (let ((opt-name (car opt))
                                    (opt-val (cdr opt)))
                               (if (not (eq? opt-name 'direction))
                                (ly:grob-set-property! 
opposite-mark-grob opt-name opt-val))))
                             predef-opts))
                           (if (and late
                                    (ly:context-property ctx 
'propagateIntoPast #t))
                            (set! late-texts (cons opposite-mark-grob 
late-texts))))))

                        ; if 'direction == 'both*, then apply these 
`options on the fly`
                        ; only to the UP instance
                        (if (pair? opts)
                          (for-each (lambda (opt)
                              (if (pair? opt)
                                (let ((opt-name (car opt))
                                      (opt-val (cdr opt)))
                                  (ly:grob-set-property! mark-grob 
opt-name opt-val))))
                            opts))

                        (set! texts (cons mark-grob texts))
                        (if (and late
                                 (ly:context-property ctx 
'propagateIntoPast #t))
                          (set! late-texts (cons mark-grob late-texts)))))))
                (reverse events))
              (if (and first-grace-now
                   (null? events)
                   (not (ly:context-property ctx 
'inhibitDummyRehearsalMark #f)))
                  ;; create a dummy mark to get a BreakAlignment GROB ;-(
               (let* ((mark-grob (ly:engraver-make-grob trans 
'RehearsalMark '()))
                      (null-label (make-null-markup)))
                (ly:grob-set-property! mark-grob 
'outside-staff-horizontal-padding 0)
                (ly:grob-set-property! mark-grob 'padding 0)
                (ly:grob-set-property! mark-grob 'text null-label)
                (set! texts (cons mark-grob texts))
                (set! helper-text mark-grob)))))

        (stop-translation-timestep
         . ,(lambda (trans)
              (if (pair? texts)
                  (let ((staves (ly:context-property ctx 'stavesFound)))
                    (for-each (lambda (grob)
                      (let ((my-priority (ly:grob-property grob 
'outside-staff-priority 1500)))
                       ;;;(if (boolean? my-priority) (set! my-priority 
1500))
                       ;!! I'm not sure. May I realy skip this interface 
call for
                       ;!! RehearsalMarks I have to anchor at a past 
grace timing?
                       (if (not (and late (ly:context-property ctx 
'propagateIntoPast #t)))
                        (for-each (lambda (stave)
                          (ly:pointer-group-interface::add-grob
                           grob 'side-support-elements stave))
                         staves))
                       ;! some RehearsalMarks had the value #f assigned 
to 'outside-staff-priority
                       ;! perhaps due to 'extra-spacing-height = 
'(-inf.0 . +inf.0)
                       (if (and (ly:context-property ctx 
'RehearsalMarkPriorityRenumbering #t)
                                (number? my-priority)) (begin
                         (set! (ly:grob-property grob 
'outside-staff-priority) (+ my-priority priority-index))
                         (set! priority-index (1+ priority-index))))
                       (set! final-texts (cons grob final-texts))))
                   (reverse texts))
                 (if (pair? late-texts)
                  (for-each (lambda (grob)
                    (if (not (null? b-a-g))
                     (set! (ly:grob-parent grob X) b-a-g))) late-texts))
                  (set! late-texts '())
                 (set! texts '())))
              (set! events '())
              (if (= 0 (ly:moment-grace (ly:context-current-moment ctx)))
               (begin
                (if (not (null? helper-text)) (begin
                  (ly:grob-suicide! helper-text)
                  (set! helper-text '())))
                (set! b-a-g '())))))

         (finalize
          . ,(lambda (trans)
               (and (pair? final-texts)
                    (ly:context-property ctx 
'RehearsalMarkVisibleAtEndOfContext #f)
                    (for-each (lambda (grob)
                                (set! (ly:grob-property grob 
'break-visibility)
                                      end-of-line-visible))
                              final-texts)))))))

% copy of 'mark' from music-functions.ly, then extended:
polyMark =
#(define-music-function
    (key label)
    (((lambda (x) (or (symbol? x)
                   (and (pair? x) (symbol? (car x))))) #f)
     (scheme? '()))
   "Make the music for the \\polyMark command."
   (let* ((set (and (integer? label)
                    (context-spec-music (make-property-set 
'rehearsalMark label)
                                        'Score)))
          (ev (make-music 'MarkEvent
                          'origin (*location*)))
          (entry-key (if (symbol? key) key
                      (if (and (list? key) (symbol? (car key))) (car key)
                       #f))))
     (if (symbol? entry-key)
       (ly:music-set-property! ev 'key entry-key))
     (if (pair? key)
       (ly:music-set-property! ev 'additional-options (cdr key)))

     (if set
         (make-sequential-music (list set ev))
         (begin
           (set! (ly:music-property ev 'label) label)
           ev))))

%%% comment the following lines, if you do not want to turn it on by default
%%% and define it in the score block instead.
\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Mark_engraver"
    \consists #poly-mark-engraver
    \consists "Tweak_engraver"
  }
}

\polyMark A
c1

-- 
Vincent Gay
Envoyé depuis mon saxo-phone :)
https://myrealbook.vintherine.org/  -http://photos.vintherine.org/

---

From: Jean Abou Samra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 00:09:12 +0200

Bonjour Vincent,

> hum... Ci-dessous un code fonction incluse, si jamais quelqu'un sait 

D'abord, à la ligne 382, remplace 'MarkEvent par 'RehearsalMarkEvent ou 
'AdHocMarkEvent (n'importe lequel des deux).

Ensuite, ligne 404, en dessous de \remove "Mark_engraver", rajoute aussi 
\remove "Mark_tracking_translator".

> utiliser \mark de la même manière).

Il y a eu des discussions entre développeurs à ce sujet, et pour tout 
dire j'ai soumis un patch qui aurait permis d'utiliser plusieurs \mark 
au même moment, mais on n'était pas tous d'accord sur le fait que ce 
soit la meilleure solution. Ce qui est une vraie question étant donné 
que LilyPond essaie de fournir des commandes sémantiques (= What You See 
Is What You Mean = j'utilise une commande dont le nom correspond à ce 
que je veux faire), et RehearsalMark est prévu pour les repères qui 
permettent aux musiciens de désigner un endroit dans la partition 
facilement pendant les répétitions.

Cela m'intéresserait donc au plus haut point de savoir quels sont les 
cas dans lesquels tu utilises \polyMark (en dehors des Da Capo, Dal 
Segno, Fine, Coda, etc., qui ont déjà leurs commandes spécifiques en 2.23).

Cordialement,
Jean

---

From: Vincent Gay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 05:40:47 +0000 (UTC)

16 juil. 2022 00:09:18 Jean Abou Samra <[email-masked]>:

> Cela m'intéresserait donc au plus haut point de savoir quels sont les cas dans lesquels tu utilises \polyMark (en dehors des Da Capo, Dal Segno, Fine, Coda, etc., qui ont déjà leurs commandes spécifiques en 2.23).
Merci pour tout Jean

Voici quelques exemples

- Les accords entre parenthèse sont joués pendant les solos
- Jouer E entre chaque solos
- Solos sous forme AABA
- La rythmique rentre la seconde fois
- Les saxos jouent latin et la rythmique swing
- Unisson la première fois
- walking bass la seconde fois

Bref tout ce qu'on peut imaginer en matière d'indication textuelle