Subject: LSR news ?

From: Éditions IN NOMINE<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:39:22 +0200

Hi all !

Is there a way to be informed systematically to new snippet or modifications in the LSR ?
When I put a snippet in it, it seems that I have to send a mail to the lists to inform...

Best regards !

//

Bonjour à toute la liste !

Y at-il un moyen d'être informé/d'informer systématiquement sur les nouveautés ou modifications du LSR ?
A chaque fois que j'ai eu l'occasion d'y coller un exemple, il me semble que j'ai eu à faire un mail aux listes...

"Meilleurs regards !"

JMarc

---

From: Valentin Villenave <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:11:24 +0200

> Hi all !

Greetings,

> When I put a snippet in it, it seems that I have to send a mail to the lists

Unfortunately, there is no support for RSS feeds or anything like it.
Pretty much like the rest of LilyPond, the LSR lacks developers and
resources.
That being said, do keep in mind that LSR snippets are generally meant
to either reflect a clever trick that was given on the lists, or to
answer a question that was also posted on the list. Cases where one
has to open a new discussion on the list just to introduce a snippet
of theirs, are pretty rare and perfectly acceptable.

> j'ai eu à faire un mail aux listes...

Le LSR n'a pas de flux RSS (ni les développeurs qui pourraient
l'implémenter). Pour l'instant du moins. Cependant 1) il n'y a pas de
mal à poster un mail sur la liste pour présenter un snippet, et 2) le
plus souvent cela s'intègre naturellement dans une conversation,
puisque la plupart des snippets reprennent une astuce déjà postée sur
la liste, ou bien répondent à une question également posée sur la
liste.

Cordialement,
Valentin.

PS Cross-posting is generally not a recommended practice, let alone in
different languages. I have no problem in this specific case, since
the Tablatures mailing list is a low-traffic list, but if (as I
suspect) your intention was to post on -user, please do take the time
of splitting your email and send only the English part. There already
are way too many things to read on -user everyday, so keeping it short
will help you get more readers and more answers.

---

From: Xavier Scheuer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:23:31 +0200

> Is there a way to be informed systematically to new snippet or modifications

Hi!

Please avoid cross-posting on lists with different languages (in this
case lilypond-user-fr, which is French-speaking, and tablatures, which
is English-speaking).

It could become a real mess if people from the English-speaking mailing
list then receive messages in French only... and inversely.  :s

BTW why did you send your message to [email-masked]?
Its goal is to improving LilyPond's support for fretted instruments
(tablatures)...
I think you'd better send this to lilypond-user.

> When I put a snippet in it, it seems that I have to send a mail to the lists

No, you have to wait that some LSR moderator validate it so it can be
found through the LSR search engine.
But in the meanwhile the URL of the not-yet-approved snippet is already
valid and can be shared (for example on LilyPond mailing lists).
But you do not need to send an e-mail to a list each time you add a new
snippet to the LSR.

Ou alors j'ai rien compris à la question.

> j'ai eu à faire un mail aux listes...

Flemme de traduire ce que j'ai dit ci-dessus.

Mais je ne pense pas que cela soit possible (facilement s'entend).
J'ai lu récemment que les "LSR editors" n'avaient rien de prévu pour
identifier l'auteur d'un snippet, alors un véritable moyen pour être
informé systématiquement sur les nouveautés ou modifications du LSR !
Euh...

Peut-être en devenant LSR editor soi-même !  ;-)
Demande sur lilypond-user...

Cheers,
Xavier

-- 
Xavier Scheuer <[email-masked]>

---

From: Éditions IN NOMINE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:31:58 +0200

Terribly sorry, Xavier, and all lists : I didn't imagine the mess... 
won't try again !
> Its goal is to improving LilyPond's support for fretted instruments
Well, I've overcorssed my post...
> I think you'd better send this to lilypond-user.
Waiting for the french mail saying to me I shouldn't cross-post...
Thanks for the answer about LSR !

Toutes mes excuses à la liste : je n'avais pas regardé plus loin que le 
bout de mon nez...
Merci pour la réponse à propos du LSR !

JMarc
qui va prendre des vacances, ça vous en fera aussi ;-)